This position is primarily responsible for registering new applications in our New Business system, ordering requirements as part of the underwriting process, and generating certificates of insurance after the application has been approved by the underwriter. This position will also be handling of all incoming and outgoing mail in the department, and training of new/newer New Business employees by performing the following duties.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and completes initial set up process for all annuity and life applications.
- Performs the initial underwriting review of all annuity and life applications, and when appropriate, will take them through the approval process.
- Orders the actual underwriting requirements through assigned vendors as directed by the underwriter.
- Prepares and submits all the necessary paperwork to existing carriers/custodians, allowing for swift transfer of funds via 1035 exchange, rollover or transfer.
- Upon underwriter approval of applications, generates and assembles policy pages for immediate distribution to FBCs. This also includes making sure the producer is paid.
- Upon receipt of outstanding delivery requirements, changes policy status to in force, and insures that FBC is paid.
- Processes all new business mail.
- Reinsurance Administration.
- Trains new employees.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates must have the following:
- Associates Degree
- 5+ years demonstrated knowledge and experience related to Insurance processes and procedures preferred.
- Strong Technical aptitude. Ability to analyze and use various computer software programs as needed with little training.
- Strong attention to detail needed to manage new business process .
- Exceptional communications skills. Ability to ‘lead’ team meetings and effectively work with both external and internal customers.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Sons Of Norway
Attn: Mike Wnek
1455 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Sons of Norway is an Equal Opportunity Employer