- Prepares and completes initial set up process for all annuity and life applications.
- Perform the initial underwriting review of all annuity and life applications, and when appropriate, will take them through the approval process.
- Order the underwriting requirements as directed by the underwriter.
- Coordinate all communications for 1035 exchanges, rollovers and transfers.
- Upon application approval, generates policy pages for distribution to the agents and delivery to the clients.
- Share responsibility for processing all new business mail.
- Manage vendor websites by receipting and distributing underwriting requirements.
- Reinsurance Administration.
- Commission and Production maintenance for the agents.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Sons of Norway Seeks Insurance New Business Representative
Sons of Norway of Minneapolis, MN is seeking a New Business Representative that will assist in our Insurance Services Division.
Sons of Norway has been in the business of selling annuity and life insurance products since 1895. Since then we have grown to become a $360 million Fraternal Life Insurance company that serves 60,000 members in nearly 400 communities throughout North America and Norway. We are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and have agents selling insurance and servicing members throughout the United States.
This position is primarily responsible for processing of new applications, ordering requirements as part of the underwriting process, and generating insurance contracts after the application has been approved. This position communicates regularly with our agents and outside vendors during the application, underwriting and issue process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of core duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
· Undergraduate degree preferred. Associates degree required.
· 5+ years demonstrated knowledge and experience related to Insurance processes and procedures preferred.
· Strong Technical aptitude. Ability to analyze and use various computer software programs with minimal direction. Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Sons of Norway
Attn: Diane Gill
1455 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Or Email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted by Erik Evans at 12:14 PM