Friday, December 21, 2012

A Christmas Message from the CEO

Christmas is nearly upon us and I wanted to take a moment from all the hustle and bustle of the season and send you a message of good tidings from myself and the entire staff here at the Sons of Norway Headquarters.

As the day grows closer I find myself thinking of Christmases past, from my childhood through adulthood. I remember the joy of spending time with my family, the feeling of peace that the season brought with it and the excitement of knowing that each Christmas would be full of new memories that I’d cherish for years to come.

For many, though, it’s easy to get jaded about what some call “the industry of Christmas” where the spirit of the season is often replaced by advertising, marketing and sales-driven information that inundates us during this time of year. It’s unfortunate, which is why I choose to remember a quote from Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States of America: 

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.

I hope it helps remind you, as it does me, of the real meaning of Christmas. I also hope that the holidays will bring you a sense of peace within as well as a feeling of goodwill toward all, and that you will show great mercy and compassion for others who may be less fortunate.

Next week as you get together with family and friends to celebrate the season I hope that you will find yourself filled with peace and surrounded by all the things that bring Christmas cheer!

I also want to thank you for your Sons of Norway membership and all the good things you do for our fine organization.

God jul!
Eivind Heiberg
CEO
Sons of Norway

No comments: