Friday, January 27, 2012

Hot Off the Press: Viking's February Issue

I'm always a bit surprised when the newest issue of Viking appears on my desk. The other day I was in the middle of checking final proofs for the upcoming March issue when the February issue arrived, hot off the press. When I saw the lush cover photo it was like a breath of fresh, tropical air—a treat on a cold winter's day in Minneapolis!

I enjoyed working with Anna Klenke on our eco-fashion cover story, featuring the work of Norwegian designer Leila Hafzi and NICE (which stands for Nordic Initiative, Clean and Ethical). I must be the target audience for this article, because it really had an affect on me. It made me a more careful label reader and reaffirmed my commitment to buy recycled clothing when possible.

Our second feature highlights nine notable Norwegian immigrants that every Sons of Norway member should know. How does our list stack up against yours? Share your thoughts by emailing me at vikingeditor@mspcustomcontent.com.

Amy Boxrud is editor of Viking magazine. She lives with her family in Northfield, Minn., where she’s a member of Nordmarka 1-585.



No comments: